Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Different Take

Many of you reading this probably know me as the creator/writer of the independent comic book series, The Venger: Dead man Rising. The series has received much critical acclaim for its realistic look at super heroes etc. Now for fans and readers of that series that is not a true descriprion of the book but it will suffice.

With Vigil I want to take a similar approach but 'bump' it a little closer to your typical comic book. In Venger the characters do not have powers, in Vigil they do. And Vigil is the most powerful. The character of Vigil in essence is my version of the 'Superman' archtype, the god among men.

Initially I have a ten page story with Vigil in development and ideas for a longer porject as well. Brett Wood, the artist from the Venger/ Footpath: EndGame crossover book is drawing the initial story. Here is a character design for Vigil by Brett based from a design I came up with.

No comments: